June 21, 2007

The Whore of Babylon 5

I don't know how it happened but I've been watching Babylon 5 for the past week. That show has got to be the geekiest of all the TV shows I have ever seen. I don't even really like it but somehow I end up watching an episode every few days. I guess now I know how S feels about the Gilmore Girls. The only redeeming quality is that because it's hosted by tudou I get to bone up a little on my Chinese reading skills. Yup, the Chinese are to pirating video like crazy is to cats.

UPDATE!
So, Babylon 5 is getting better as the series goes on. It seems to be one of the earliest examples I can think of with a seasonal or series long story arcs. Reasonably solid and complex characters. The science is pretty good too. I'm at the middle of season 2.

DOUBLE UPDATE!
Now, the show's turning back bad TV again. I get the feeling that the writers painted themselves into a corner of the plot. I'm at the beginning of season 4.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UPDATE! us on what you're watching now!

the unbeatable kid said...

I added what I was watching when directly into the post.