June 12, 2007

Bob Ross is the Bruce Lee of Landscapes

Every day of high school used to end the same way. The bell would ring. I'd jump out the window and slide down the back of a dinosaur right into my car. Then, I'd race home like a maniac to catch some Bob Ross with my wife Wilma and neighbor Barney.

And it's all true too. Except, I didn't have a wife and my neighbor's name was Mike Noe but the point is that Bob Ross an the Joy of Painting was like crack for my developing brain. Somehow, every episode kept me riveted to the edge of my seat eating popcorn. Mike and I watched Bob Ross paint like we were dogs watching someone juggling ham bones.

Now I find out that there's going to be a Joy of Painting video game. How the hell will they pull that one off?



Part 2
Part 3

2 comments:

Diggs said...

Oh man I had to search for the remaining clips to finish the video. I forgot how much I loved this show.

the unbeatable kid said...

i'll add the rest of them to them post.