February 20, 2008

One Day my Prince Will Come

If I get stressed out I say a serenity prayer. I meditate too. I was going out with someone and they said I should read Machiavelli and I was like, 'nah', and then I was, 'OK, I'll read it' and now it is always with me.
-Lindsay Lohan (in Tatler magazine)

So, the princess finally meets her prince in rehab.* It cannot be emphasized enough how important a thorough understanding of 15th century pragmatic Italian political philosophy is on the road to overcoming addiction. I think it's step 7 or 8 of the 12. Here's a line that must inspire Lindsay daily:

"fortune is a woman and in order to be mastered she must be jogged and beaten."
-Nicolo Machiavelli

------------
*because I'm sure that Lohan's idea of Machiavelli is much more "The Prince" than it is "Discourses on Livy." PWNED!