June 19, 2007

Spiders, Spiders Everywhere

I had a dream last night that I was staying with my family in a hotel room full of spiders. I was freaking out trying to brush them off me and vacuum them up while my brother who is actually afraid of spiders just ignored them and went to sleep. That feeling of being immersed in spiders lasted for a few minutes after I woke up.

The moral of the story is: Don't sleep with the fan on you even if it's hot. That wind will penetrate the superficial layers of your body and cause some wind type diseases like headaches, stiff neck or in my case formication (no, not fornication you dirty birdies).


The other day, I was in a gas station and some guy with an African accent was telling the cashier not to sit to long with the fan on her because it will make her sick. It makes me think that African traditional medicine has a concept of wind, too.

("Gust of Wind" by Lucien Levy-Dhurmer via ARC museum)

2 comments:

Diggs said...

I actually got chills reading the post. Why in god's name did you let me sleep? You should have made the call of the chicken bird to help you. He is always good in a pinch.

the unbeatable kid said...

dude, i woke you up. you looked around, saw spiders everywhere and went back to sleep.