March 20, 2008

Mos Eisley Spaceport

So, my LLM program has kept me so busy I haven't been able to post very often (not that I was posting before the program). But, I wanted to share my recent visit to Marrkech. This city was absolutely wild. My girlfriend and I actually stayed inside the old city walls, and travelled the endless Souks full of hidden treasure (or junk).

As a review for others, I thought Marrakech was a cross between Mos Eisley Spaceport and Alladin. I even saw one of those little Jawa guys - ie the little guys that shout ou-tini after they capture r2d2. Figured my Bro would get a kick out of the Star Wars comparison. Left - Jawa, Right and below are like the overhead of Mos Eisley.


1 comment:

the unbeatable kid said...

if i remember correctly, most of the tattoine scenes where shot on location in tunisia. if not tunisia, then some other north african country.