May 30, 2007

Monitering you from a Van Down by the River

In the movies, the white cable van is the go to vehicle for discrete surveillance. But, in real life, no one could ever use such and obvious ploy to spy or "surveil" anything. My girlfriend and I realized this the other day when we saw a few cable trucks parked across the street at a neighbor's house.

The reason is that (thanks to the movies) most people get suspicious when they see almost any kind of van parked near their house. I know that I, personally, stop all activity, start watching them through my blinds and tone down my inflammatory rhetoric.

(Lego Surveilliance Van via The Next Left)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since when do you tamp down the flamey rhetoric? I say you get me that Geiger counter for my birthday and I'll get you some kind of spy gear- directional mic for listening in on the "comcast" lorry perhaps?